The Types of Information That myTurn Collects About You and How myTurn Collects Information About You
myTurn may collect two types of Information from you when you visit the Site: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
- “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you but does not identify you specifically. If you do nothing during your visit to our Site but browse, read pages, or view content, we will gather and store Information about your visit that does not identify you personally.
We collect Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Through our business-to-business communications with you;
- From other sources or third parties;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site; and
- Through third-party analytics.
Information You Provide Directly to myTurn. The Information that you provide us directly through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide to myTurn by registering for an account, uploading images, filling in forms or profile data on our Site, or leaving comments on the Site. We may also ask you for Information when you report a problem with our Site. And it may be necessary for you to provide us with Information so we can communicate with you about an inquiry you have.
- Information that you provide through the submission of your resume;
- Responses to questionnaires that we might ask you to voluntarily complete;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
Should you choose to log in or register via a third party (for example, by using Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, etc.), myTurn will have access to any public information on the associated profile. Any of this public information is considered to be content that you shared with myTurn.
Information Automatically Collected from You. The Information that myTurn may automatically collect and store about you when you visit the Site may include:
- Your location.
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you.
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited the Site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at the Site;
- The length of time you spent on a web page at the Site;
- The website you visited prior to coming to the Site; and
- Cookies, which are small text files that a web server (such as myTurn’s or its chosen web hosting company server) places on a user’s computer. When accessing a cookie, myTurn’s server reads a number associated with a browser, but is unable to determine any data about a user. With that number, our web server can tailor its content to the needs of the specific browser, and we can optimize the Site for your use.
Google Analytics Advertising Features. We also may have the following Google Analytics Advertising Features Implemented: Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and Double Click Campaign Manager. These features collect data using Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. myTurn and third-party vendors use these first-party cookies to access the success of online marketing campaigns, inform future campaigns and improve usability on the Site. To learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, please see Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How myTurn Uses Information It Collects About You and the Purpose for the Collection and Use.
We use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To present our Site and the Site Content (as defined in the Terms of Service) to you.
- To operate, manage, and administer your account.
- To provide you with the information or services that you request from us. For example, when you provide your name and email address to contact us, we are able to use your email address to respond to your comment or question personally.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To personalize our services and advertising to you.
- To create new services and to improve our business, services, and security.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To communicate with you regarding our services, including for marketing purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Site statistics are compiled into traffic reports, which help myTurn understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of myTurn’s projects, we are likely to highlight that information on the Site home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for Site users.
How myTurn Protects Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to protect your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the internet is not completely secure. Although we are working to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information either in transmission or when stored. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
When myTurn Sells Your Information
To satisfy our business model, myTurn “sells” your Personal Contact Information (i.e. phone number and/or email) to employers, which includes external human resources personnel and recruiters. You understand and agree that myTurn sells such information to maintain its business model as is common industry practice. If you no longer agree to have your contact information sold, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
When myTurn Shares Your Information
- To service providers, including payment processors.
- To job seekers and employers, including external human resources personnel and recruiters.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
- When you submit a review of your experience with myTurn.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
- To a buyer or other successor (potential or actual) in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of myTurn’s assets, including any related due diligence.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of myTurn or others.
Except as described above, myTurn does not share any of your Information.
Employers: We may inform a Site user when you have taken an action with respect to information we have shared with you on behalf of that user, such as when you open the user’s application, view their resume, and/or make a decision about their application. You understand and agree that myTurn may share such information.
Service Providers Providing Services On Our Behalf
We use Service Providers to host the Site, design and operate the Site features, and perform administrative, payment processing, analytics, and communication services. Services these Service Providers provide include enabling myTurn to send you email newsletters and providing information to myTurn about the use of the Site and viewing of our content. We may disclose your Information to these companies so they can carry out these services.
Information From Children Under 13
myTurn complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and related regulations. The Site is not directed at children, and myTurn does not knowingly collect any Information from children under 13 years of age. If myTurn learns that a child under 13 years of age has provided Information, myTurn will delete this Information from our databases. If you are under 13, do not use this Site or provide any Information about yourself to myTurn including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If you become aware that Information of a child under 13 years of age has been provided, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Site does not respond to DNT signals.
Your Choices About Information
We respect your privacy and your ability to choose whether to share or not share Information with myTurn or any third party. You may choose to “opt-out” of having us share your Personal Information in several ways. You can choose to decline to provide Personal Information on the Site; however, if you choose not to provide Information, you may be unable to access or use all portions of the Site. If you have previously submitted Personal Information to the Site, you may “pause” the account from your “Account Settings” while logged in, which prevents myTurn from displaying and selling your personal information. This has the effect of “hiding” your profile from employers but does not delete your account or your Personal Information.
You may change or update your Personal Information at any time through your profile on myTurn. This includes the ability to modify account settings such as receiving myTurn emails. We send job-related, promotional, and marketing communications only with your consent. If you no longer wish to receive these or other communications, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe link provided in such communications.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
Due to the nature of our business model, if you choose to opt-out of selling your personal information to an employer, myTurn is then unable to provide you services. As a result, your account must be terminated along with your personal information.
As a registered myTurn user, you have the right to terminate your account at any time. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information collected by myTurn. In this event, your Non-Personal Information will still be stored in our archives.
In order for myTurn to delete your account you may be required to provide some minimal Personal Information to us only for verification purposes and to locate and delete your account. However, if you refuse to provide your Personal Information, myTurn may not be able to comply with your request.
If you have ultimately chosen to opt out, you must delete your account, which will also delete any associated Personal Information, by selecting “Delete Account” from your “Account Settings” while logged in.
If you are unable to delete your account using this method, you may request that we delete your account, along with any associated personal information, on your behalf by emailing us at email@example.com from the email address registered with myTurn for account login. This method will provide sufficient verification of your request for account deletion.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information by visiting Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
myTurn will never deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide a different level or quality of services just because you exercised your rights under the CCPA.
As prescribed within a legally authorized Letter of Authorization or Power of Attorney, an authorized agent can make a request under the CCPA on the consumer’s behalf.
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 27, 2022